Test taking strategies
You are advised to work steadily through the test. It is not advisable to spend too much time on any one question. Read through all the alternative answers to a question, even if you think the first one is correct, before marking your chosen response. If you think you know the answer to a question, mark it, even if you are not certain. Go on to the next question and come back later if you have time.
Please note the following:
- All questions have the same value, therefore by attempting as many questions as possible you stand the best chance of maximising your score.
- No marks are deducted for a wrong answer.
- If you mark more than one answer to a question it will be considered wrong.
- Answers should be marked directly onto the answer sheet, not in the test book.
- You may do rough work in the margins of your test book. Scrap paper is not allowed.
- Grey lead pencils and an eraser are the only writing equipment allowed in the test room. Other equipment, such as pens, rulers, coloured pencils, etc. are not permitted.
uniTEST is in multiple-choice format. You will mark your answers by shading in ovals on a machine-readable answer sheet. It is very important that you record your answers carefully. Record your answers by completely filling in the oval, with pencil. If you decide to change an answer, erase it completely and mark the oval corresponding to your new choice.